Thursday, May 14, 2009

I guess fisting is out of the question.

So the surgery is over and I'm at home. It was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

I drove myself there at 5:00am. Filled out paperwork, paid deductibles and answered 100's of questions. Then I slipped on the hospital gown, they slipped in the IV and administered the anesthesia... and away I went. (I thought they were going to use local anesthesia.)

A couple of hours later I woke up in post-op with tubes and wires coming from me and this HUGE bandage with a built in splint covering my hand and arm almost to the elbow. I thought I was just gonna have some gauze pads and tape on my hand.

I asked them to call a coworker to "pick me up" and about 45 minutes later they wheeled me out of the hospital and dumped me at his feet. I got in his truck and we drove about 30 feet to my truck. I got in and drove home. Not supposed to drive for 24 hours but I didn't have another way to get home.

On the way home I filled my prescriptions for pain killers and got some DVD's from Blockbuster. Now I'm home typing this blog post.

I'm tired so I'm just gonna hang on the couch till I fall asleep. I have to keep my hand above my heart for 3 days so the swelling doesn't get to bad so I look like Miss America waving all the time. My hand is starting to hurt and my middle finger is killing me and doesn't really move. That's the finger where the tendons were damaged when I broke the glass 6 months ago. I'm sure it will go back to normal again after a few months.

A friend was supposed to come over and hang out with me to make sure I was OK and help if I needed it, but he volunteered to do overtime at work instead. I haven't heard from anyone else. Gotta say I'm more than a little sad contrary to what the photos with the big smiling face show. I may have a coconut rum and chocolate soymilk chaser with my Oxycodone. That should numb any pain I'm feeling in my hand or my heart. Back to work bright and early again tomorrow. Well... my DVD player and the fine film "Space Chimps" awaits me.


12 comments:

Samaranx said...

Hey there, Nick,

no local anesthesia? Wow, either they were scared of you or the doctor was a fanand wanted to see the Master helpless.

*putting the jokes aside*

Not teh best idea to drive yourself, but seeing your 'friends' not helpin, the only option. Shame on them.

How long does the bandage stays on your arm?

'Kopf hoch!' (Chin up! ... literal Head up!)
Make the best of your high on drugs and coconut rum and chocolate soymilk chaser.

Hugs with love from far away,
Uta

Sue said...

Still sexy, even with the bandage! Take care of yourself, as you don't want to screw up the surgeon's hard work. You're kidding about going back to work tomorrow, right???

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you drove yourself home. Glad to know that you made it through surgery. I still can't believe you drove yourself home.
And my friends say I do crazy stuff......

Hang in there.

Goodguy Bear :-)

Pick said...

What Sue says!
Glad the surgery is over and you can get on with mending now.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

James said...

Nick,
Had I been in your town, I'd be there for ya. Pick you up, drive you home, get your legal drugs, get you settled on the sofa, and make you a drink AND get you something to eat. That how I treat my friends!! HUGS :-)
James from Iowa

Damien said...

You need new friends.

rtmaster4all@yahoo.com said...

Nick......if there is a next time let me know I will be there for you .......Ned

Stan said...

Thank god for Oxycodone!! After my open heart surgery's I had to BEG for that stuff! Your lucky you have a good surgeon. Rest up and get well. Call in tomorrow please.
Damn your sexy with your shirt off! WOOF!

wdavi said...

You drove home in a semi-wonderland state?
Thank goodness you made it home in one piece, and without a ticket or traffic summons! :>) "Space-Chimps" might seem like "Citizen Kane" once the painkillers kick in. Take care of yourself cutie pie!

Damien said...

Nick mate - sorry to sound like a broken record but....


CUT..........
THE..........
CORD.........


You deserve better - and remember - im doing this all the way from NZ - and im a fattie - I aint trying to get in ya pants mate.

Get new friends.

Invite Sue over.

Anonymous said...

and invite me over too! me and sue are FUN! :) I hope your hand gets better soon Mr -and I'm waiting for your tips on how to make my homemade facial video more sensual lol

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog a couple of weeks ago thanks to one of your videos. Have to say you come across as a goofy/nice guy on top of all the hotness but you need different friends if none of the ones you hang with would drive you home or spend a few hours with you afterward. You're better than that. You should have stayed in SF (my home sweet home) We'd appreciate you here!

JP