|Photo by Dot|
As the year comes to an end I can't help but look back on this past year and all that has come to pass.
- The loss of my father after a long and brutal illness. Although it casts a cloud over most of the year, the feelings of love that were exchanged during that time, and the unexpected closeness with the rest of my family that has come from it, help to soften the pain and even add a silver lining.
- The start of a new job at Factory Videos Inc. and the chance to work with an sweet, sexy and talented man who I am happy to have as a friend. THANK YOU Damon Dogg for being so awesome!
- The chance to start a new line of BDSM porn called "Factory Edge" at my new company. I just finished filming the first release and am in the process of editing it. Look for it to be released real soon!
- The chance to direct for the great guys at Dark Alley Media in New York City. I hope our affiliation continues.
- The opportunity to direct and edit a whole series of BDSM videos for Treasure Island Media. I am VERY PROUD of these videos and I hope they are released soon!
- Attending bartending school and learning a new skill.
- Learning more and more about Directing and Editing and feeling more proud of the work that I am putting out with every new project.
- The time I am getting to spend with my dog as she get's older and older. The girl is on some major overtime right now and I thank God for it.
- Recently going through the first accident with my truck and coming out of it without much physical damage.
- The bad ending of a relationship with someone that I will always love.
- Having the computer I am working on right now blow it's hard drive 3 times! I just put in a new Solid State Drive and now it's fast as hell and hopefully will not die again.
- Continuing my spiritual growth through meditation and prayer and learning to feel peaceful, grateful, and connected and act with compassion, humility, and love towards the world around me.
Things I learned this year... (again)
- Everyone fucks up (myself included).
- Grey Goose is better than Kettle One. (I wish I could afford it though.)
- Love isn't about what you get it's about what you give.
- Happiness is a state of being that is independent from what is going on in the world around you.
- Nobody lives forever.
- I am NOT a power bottom.
- I love directing and editing.
- There is nothing better than snuggling with my dog.
- Life is actually pretty simple if you let it be.
Thank you to all of my friends for being in my life and thank you for caring enough about me to read my blog and take an interest in my life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!